Moving Beyond the Basics–Toward the Beloved Community was held on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7pm ET
- Rev. Dr. John C Dorhauer, General Minister and President of the United Church of Christ and Chairman of the NCC Governing Board,
- Rev. Brenda Girton-Mitchell, Founder and President, Grace and Race Ministries, Inc. and Chair of the NCC Racial Justice Advisory Committee; and
- Rev. Samantha Houser, Associate Conference Ministers for the Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota Conferences of the UCC to Move Beyond the Basics Toward the Beloved Community.
- Moderated by Rev. Dr. Donna Claycomb Sokol, Pastor of Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church, Grace and Race Board Member
Sponsored by –
- Grace and Race Ministries, Inc.
- National Council of Churches
A series of virtual transformational dialogues will be held in June 2021. Advanced registration required.
The NCC and Grace & Race Ministries, Inc. invite you to participate in White Privilege: Let’s Talk dialogue sessions. This 6-session course is designed as a sacred conversation on race and participants are expected to commit to attending all the sessions. The first five sessions are from 7:00 pm – 8:30pmEST each Wednesday in June. The sixth session will be determined by the participants.
The course is intentional in its focus on the history, impact and manifestations of White Privilege. You are welcome to register as an individual and/or as part of a church or community group that desires to engage as a team. The deadline for registration is May 24, 2021. Registration link: https://mailchi.mp/9f056d46179e/white-privilege-series-announcement