Join our Reparatory Justice partners for the upcoming webinar, “The Interconnection of Reparations and Voting Rights,” to explore the difference between racial equity and equality, reflect on the theology of this justice work, and learn the important connection between voting rights and reparations. Register in order to attend the live webinar at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. The recording will be available for viewing on YouTube and Facebook later in the evening. Link for registration: https://bit.ly/reparjust2
The schedule includes:
- Welcome by Rev. Aundreia Alexander, Esq., NCC Associate General Secretary, Action and Advocacy for Justice and Peace;
- Introduction by Rev. Antonia M. Ruth, Program Coordinator, The Center for Reparatory Justice, Transformation, and Remediation;
- Reparations 101 on Equity v. Equality and Overview of HR40 by Christian Brooks, Representative for Domestic Issues, PC (USA) Office of Public Witness;
- Theological Reflection by Rev. Dr. Cassandra Gould;
- Voting Rights Panel including Christian Brooks and Israel Harris, Legislative Assistant at Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, who will give an overview of the voting rights legislation, and Rev. Mark Thompson, who will discuss how reparations connects to voting rights; and
- A call to action by Mary Novak, Executive Director of Network.