Sample NCC Policy Statements and Resolutions Pertaining to the Mass Incarceration Priority
Sample NCC Statements Pertaining to the Mass Incarceration Priority
Joint Action and Advocacy for Justice and Peace Convening Table Resources
Sample NCC Member Communion Resources Pertaining to the Mass Incarceration Priority
• A Prophetic Call to Dismantle Mass Incarceration & the Criminalization of Race
Alliance of Baptists Annual Meeting
Portland, ME – May 3, 2014
Other Faith-Based Resources Pertaining to the Mass Incarceration Priority
• Resolution on Criminal Justice (Evangelical Covenant Church)
• Healing Communities USA. Training congregations to minister to individuals and families impacted by incarceration.
• JustFaith Ministries, Inc. – Prison Reform: Church of The Second Chance. A transformative education module accomplished in 6 – 7 sessions, with an optional immersion experience. JustFaith Ministries provides programs that transform people and expand their commitment to social ministry.
• Discipline That Restores: Strategies to Create Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility. Ron Claassen
• Good Punishment: Christian Moral Practice and U.S. Imprisonment. Dr. James Logan
• The Little Book of Restorative Discipline for Schools: Teaching Responsibility. Lorraine Stutzman Amstutz
• Changing Lenses: A New Focus for Crime and Justice. Howard Zehr
• Doing Life: Reflections of Men and Women Serving Life Sentences. Howard Zehr
• The Little Book of Restorative Justice. Howard Zehr
• Transcending: Reflections of Crime Victims. Howard Zehr
Other Resources Pertaining to the Mass Incarceration Priority
• Lifelines to Healing (PICO National Network – PICO California). A youth development initiative which is committed to addressing the causes of pervasive violence and crime in our communities and advocating for policies and resources that contribute to the healing of our communities. Its current major programs focus on youth violence prevention and reentry services.