Job Announcement: Operations Manager and Executive Assistant
Operations Manager and Executive Assistant
National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA
The Operations Manager and Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the General Secretary/President of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA (NCC) and overseeing all office management, computer networks and systems, office equipment, contracts administration, and human resources administration. This position will be located in the NCC’s Washington D.C. offices and is non-exempt and non-bargaining unit.
Since its founding in 1950, the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA has been a leading force for ecumenical cooperation among Christians in the United States. The 38 NCC member communions — from a wide spectrum of Protestant, Anglican, Orthodox, Evangelical, historic African American and Living Peace churches — include 45 million persons in more than 100,000 local congregations in communities across the nation.
- Receive and process invitations and develop itineraries, including travel and lodging for the General Secretary/President.
- Process high level documents and correspondence and greet and maintain contact with high-level visitors and colleagues of the General Secretary/President.
- Process and prioritize incoming mail and assist with General Secretary/President’s correspondence.
- Prepare payment authorization forms and process expenses for the General Secretary/President.
- Provide support to committees of the Council, in particular the Executive Committee and the Governing Board, make arrangements for meetings, preparing materials, attendance lists and other related tasks as appropriate.
- Maintain NCC files, listservs and database information, including rosters, email-lists, etc.
- Assist in the planning and staffing of the NCC’s annual Christian Unity Gathering.
- Develop, update and manage the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Oversee supplies and equipment inventory.
- Review office invoices for accuracy and ensure timely payment.
- Manage office space lease agreement and building owner relations.
- Manage technical consultant to provide services for NCC and its staff.
- With staff’s support, evaluate the need for new office systems, furniture and equipment. Ensure that equipment is maintained adequately including copiers, office and cell phones.
- Ensure effective and timely computer services to staff, including desktops, laptops, servers, network, Wi-Fi, broadband.
- Process and send follow-up communications for incoming check and online donations.
- Develop contracts and agreements as needed with appropriate staff and input of legal counsel as needed and approved by the General Secretary/President.
- Monitor compliance with requirements such as reporting and certificates of insurance.
- Answer main office phone and email and respond to general questions and requests.
- Coordinate the administrative processes of hiring, recruitment, performance and termination for the General Secretary/President.
- Ensure that personnel files are maintained in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Process and maintain time records of staff for payroll, vacation, sick leave, travel request records and other purposes.
- Process and maintain staff benefit records for health, disability, life and other purposes.
- Prepare and maintain employment, evaluation, and termination records for staff and employment contracts for independent contractors.
- Undertake other projects/work/functions as required at the discretion of the General Secretary/President.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or significant operational and administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Experience with GoogleDocs and WordPress preferred.
- Experience working with Neon or other CRM database systems is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative and multi-task.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple and varied projects.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must be a cheerful, resilient professional and a team player that enjoys working with a variety of people.
- Specificity to detail, protocols and professionalism in all respects.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends and travel 2-4 times per year to assist with major meetings or events.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- People of color, women, individuals with disabilities & veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for ecumenism and the work of the National Council of Churches is preferred.
- Membership in an NCC member communion preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of $58,000 and pension benefits, 22 days of paid vacation, and a significant health care insurance subsidy.
Procedure and Deadline
Send a cover letter and resume by February 15 to:
National Council of Churches