Theological Dialogue and Matters of Faith and Order
The night before his death, Jesus prayed that we who believe in him might all be one (John 17:21). We want to be faithful in responding to this wish of Jesus. But we know that our churches are not simply different from one another but divided in many ways.
The churches have given the Theological Dialogue on Matters of Faith and Order Convening Table the work of speaking together about the Gospel and our church communities in ways that will lead to healing our divisions while honoring our diversity.
Faith and Order affirms the oneness of the Church of Jesus Christ and keeps before the churches the Gospel call to visible unity in one faith and one Eucharistic communion, expressed in worship and in common life in Christ, in order that the world may believe.
For more information on specific Faith and Order initiatives visit:
- About Faith and Order
- The Authority of the Church in the World
- A Reflection on the Nature and Mission of the Church
- A Journey to Open up Other Journeys
- Faith Forum
- Faith and Order resources
- GETI Program Papers
- Christian Unity for a Fractured Society
- Christian Witness Final Report for 2019