Lesson 5: December 31, 2017
Faith to Unite: Ephesians 4:1-16
Teaching Strategy: Have participants list various groups within the larger Christian church, including different denominations. Then ask them to brainstorm past or present church controversies (within and across groups) that have threatened to undermine the unity in Christ described by Paul in this passage. How do believers (individually and in groups) express or contribute to OR fail to express or contribute to the ideal of unity described in Ephesians. What can be done to overcome divisions and disunity and facilitate the unity God intends – within local churches and within the larger Christian community?
- Christian Unity (National Council of Churches)
- Christians Need a New Right-to-Life Movement
- Disunity in Christ: Uncovering the Hidden Forces That Keep Us Apart; Book Review: “Disunity in Christ” by Christena Cleveland
- Christian Unity – Pentecost – June 4, 2017 (North Carolina Council of Churches)
- ‘We repent of our disunity’: Church leaders pray in the shadow of Parliament and Westminster Abbey
Winter 2017 Theme: Faith in Action
Unifying Principle: Many people search all their lives for something that will make them feel grounded, whole, and in sync with life. Where can they find that something? Paul told the Ephesians that, even though they had many different gifts, their faith in Christ would bring them unity and help them grow together in love.
.Posted on: December 28, 2017, by : Sharon Harris-Ewing