Lesson 1: December 3, 2017
Faith in Jesus: Acts 3:11-21
Teaching Strategy: Invite participants to share stories of healing they have experienced, whether physical, emotional, or spiritual. Encourage them to reflect on the meaning of what they experienced. What impact did their experience of healing have on their faith – and in what ways did their faith affect their experience?
As we enter into the Advent season, we are aware of the profound brokenness within our world. Lives are lost to opioid addiction. Relationships are disrupted by harassment, discrimination, and violence. Churches are divided by conflicting perspectives. America is polarized by political disagreements. Terrorist attacks continue and the threat of war seems all too real.
We desperately need the healing power of God’s love that comes to us in the infant Jesus and saves us through our faith in the risen Christ. As we wait for Jesus to enter our hearts anew, how can we prepare ourselves to receive his healing power? How can we equip ourselves to be instruments of his healing power in a broken world?
- The Opioid Epidemic: A Crisis Years in the Making
- Sexual Harassment, Then And Now; The Religious Community Is Speaking Out Against Sexual Violence With #ChurchToo
- A diverse group of Christian theologians release a Boston Declaration at the Old South Church to challenge the corruption of Christians in the United States; The Boston Declaration
- Key Takeaways on Americans’ Growing Partisan Divide over Political Values
- Egypt Mosque Attack Leaves at Least 305 Dead in Sinai Peninsula